My Bluegrass band, The Weavils, are playing this Friday at the Wayward Coffeehouse in greenwood. We’ll be playing from 8 pm – 10 pm, come one come all!
Archive for September, 2009
A week ago was the Annual MS ride. This year Bebeth, Jessica, and Jack created the team, the Fighting Axons, with creative help from Eva Blank and Scott Colbourne. Highlights from the ride:
- Deborah and Proctor coming all the way out from New York to ride and support the cause
- My 12 year old niece, Mikaela, riding a total of 55 miles over the course of two days
- Eva and Scott coming down from Vancouver to ride and support the cause
- Eva taking a monstrous spill only to get up and keep riding (see pictures).
- Samuel Hunter and Sabine Steudel’s first appearance at the MS Ride.
- Jenna and Nick coming up from south Seattle to support the ride
If anyone out there is a rider, this is one of the best supported rides in the area. We’d love to have more family and friends participate next year.
If you are interested in viewing a lot more pictures head over to our gallery:
This last weekend Jess, Jack, Samuel, Bebeth, Sabine, and I all went camping. This was the kids first time camping. We drove out to the Cle Elum River Campground situated on the Cle Elum Resevoir on the East side of the mountains. We had a wonderful time relaxing and introducing the kids to sleeping in the tent, dirt, bees, etc. We had the wonderful challenge of figuring out where exactly the kid was going to sleep (in between, at the foot, at the head), how to get in and out of the tent without waking everybody up, what clothes to use, etc. Great times by all. If you want to see more pictures you can either look up my photo albums on my facebook page, or visit the gallery: http://www.steudel.org/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=78